The Canadian Association of Jews and Muslims is looking for a new Communications
Coordinator. This volunteer position is perfect for anyone looking to improve their
communication skills and gain experience in a prominent interfaith organization. The outgoing Communications Coordinator promoted GTA interfaith events on Facebook, wrote posts amplifying CAJM’s message, created and maintained the CAJM website, drafted emails commemorating Jewish and Muslim holidays, and updated the CAJM logo.
The ideal candidate is passionate about strengthening community ties between different faith groups, has strong written communication skills, and is familiar with a variety of computer-based communication platforms. To become more familiar with CAJM you may visit our website at http://www.cajmcanada.org or our Facebook page at facebook.com/cajmpage
– Available to volunteer for two consecutive hours a week (can work remotely)
– Able to create and share Facebook events, post on an organization’s Facebook Page, and
manage an organization Facebook page
– Familiar with Microsoft Word
– Able to operate and organize a Dropbox account
– Able to create posts and edit pages on WordPress
– Able to draft email messages to be distributed which amplify CAJM’s
– Passionate about the CAJM mission statement
Send an email to Shahid Akhtar email@example.com with subject:
[Your full name], Communications Coordinator Application.
Attach your resume to the email and answer the following questions in the body of the email.
1. In 100 words or less describe why you want to volunteer with CAJM.
2. In 100 words or less write either a Passover or Eid al-Adha greeting which reflects
CAJM’s values (you may find sample greetings at cajmcanada.org or
Yours in Peace,
Shahid Akhtar and Dr. Barbara Landau, Co-Chairs